Thursday, July 6, 2017

Happy 4th!

Not everyone can say that they have friends whose birthday falls on the 4th of July.
In my life, I have 2 and although my dad's birthday doesn't fall on the 4th, rather the 7th, this still calls for many celebrations at the beginning of this month.

I wanted to create a birthday card for these special people in my life and combine it with the U.S.A patriotic colors: red, white, and blue.
In Stampin' UP! language it's Real Red, Whisper White, and Night of Navy.


I'm pleased with how this card turned out. I sure hope that the recipients will enjoy their card as well.



My Tips:
While the card front is fairly simple, I did develop a quicker way of placing all the stars you see on the bottom of the inside card as shown below.


  • I used the star border punch (retired) for the stars and punched out a combination of real red and night of navy stars.
  • run a strip of fast fuse adhesive along the bottom edge of the inside card to make sure that the stars adhere to it.
  • pick up the stars with a sticky note then place it on the strip of adhesive.
  • After all the stars are in place, use a dry brush and place baby powder on the places where the adhesive is exposed to keep it from sticking to the card front.

Supplies Used

  • Retired Items:
    • Balloon Bash Stamp Set (Occasions 2015)
    • Confetti Stars Border Punch (2016-2017 AC)





No comments:

Post a Comment